Made up of the Sales, Marketing, Finance and Compliance teams, the Business and Community Services Division promotes Missouri as a great place to do business and helps create the environment that will stimulate family supporting jobs and new private investment. The services include investing in Missouri's communities to allow for future sustainable growth by increasing opportunities for new local and state revenues. BCS is the result of the elimination of the previous Divisions of Business Development and Trade and Community Development. The new division's goal is to provide a direct access environment focused on the customer. The structure mimics a business model with measurable results.
Services to Missouri businesses and communities are provided through four teams – Sales, Marketing, Finance and Compliance.
- The Sales Team, through regional and industry specialization, provides individualized customer service to businesses considering locating or expanding within our state. They assist communities with key development activities and work to develop export promotion opportunities for Missouri businesses to take their products and services to key world markets.
- The Business Intelligence & Communications produces competitive print and media materials to market our state. The team markets Missouri at the national and international level to increase lead opportunities and generally support the Sales and Finance teams.
- Finance Team administers the many incentives offered by our department in a manner that promotes consistency and allows for expertise. The team assures access and understanding by DED customers of all of the programs offered and supports the Sales Team’s efforts through coordination and communication.
- The Industry Specialists serve as experts in a specialized area of professional discipline that is statewide, departmentwide, and agencywide.
- The Compliance Team assures accountability for each program by assessing the operations; determining compliance by conducting file reviews, on-site monitoring, eligibility determinations, necessary claw-back and any follow-up requirements. The Finance and Compliance teams work proactively to assure compliance standards are met.
- The MERIC Team MERIC is the research division for the Missouri Department of Economic Development that provides innovative analyses and assistance to policymakers and the public, including studies of the state’s targeted industries and economic development initiatives. Other MERIC research includes Economic Condition Reports, Economic Impact Assessments, and Labor Market Information produced in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor.
Business and Community Services
301 W. High Street, Rooms 720, 770 Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
Tel: 1-866-647-3633 Fax: 1-573-751-7384 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org